Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Notions Jar with Pin Cushion (Step-by-Step Directions)

Let me just start off by telling you, I love Mason Jars! We used Mason Jars as centerpieces and decorations at our wedding.
      




I'm sure it all stems from the many summers I spent as a child helping my mom can tomato juice, applesauce, peaches, jellies and pickles. Thanks Mom!

Any who, I love to sew (when I have time), and there are so many times that I have needed somewhere to put all the little things I needed for my project, but normally I just set them on the table, and then I may or may not end up losing them. 
So, I set out to make the perfect little jar to contain those things, and to put a pin cushion on top, would make it even better!

I found a fat quarter on sale for a dollarr while I was at Meijer several weeks ago, so I picked it up to help me complete this projects

And I bought a wide-mouth pint Mason Jar for $1.25 at Pat Catan's when I was making one of my craft runs. 



So the first step is to paint the jar.


I always like to start on the bottom. 


After the first coat dries, I always go back and do a second coat to get smooth, even coverage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment