Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sunflower Decoupage Canvas (Step-by-Step Directions)

This post is very similar to my post on the "Happy Fall Y'all Decoupage Canvas", you can see it here.

I had so much fun creating that one that I decided to create a sunflower canvas in the same way. 

And, I was able to use my newly acquired Cricut, so what else could be better?

Sunflower Decoupage Cavas Tutorial

view tutorial at imperfectsliceoflife.blogspot.com


So, the next time I headed to Hobby Lobby when papers were half off, I picked out several different shades of yellow and burnt yellow to use for the petals of my sunflower canvas. I figured I could use the same marbled brown paper for the center of the flower so that saved my from having to buy any more. I figured I could use the same orange gingham ribbon I had used on the Pumpkin Canvas, so I didn't buy any more. And I had an 11x14 Canvas on hand from a previous project, as well as the Matte Mod Podge, and acrylic paint.

Just like the other canvas, first, I painted the canvas.
I loved the Antique White Paint I had used on the last canvas, so I used it agin (purchased at Miejer).

Because of the antique white color, it caused the paint to have a little variation, which I loved!



Let the paint dry.

These are some of the colors I chose to make the sunflower.




While the paint dried, I set my Cricut up to cut the petals for the Sunflower. 

I had the cricut cut 2 inch petals and 3 1/2 inch petals.
I also used the Cricut to cut the circle center for the sunflower.


On the last canvas, I was so happy with the way the marbling turned out with the yellow and orange, I decided to do it get. But this time I wanted to use yellow and brown.
I again added small swooshes of Sunflower yellow (purchased at Hobby Lobby when they were 30% off)


And then I added some brown - I absolutely love this as well!!

Next I assembled the flower, I did this all before I Mod Podged it to the canvas
I just simply used Elmer's Glue to glue the petal to the center of the sunflower. I stared with a repeating pattern of the three smaller petals around the entire center.

It looked a little bit like a turkey! But this is what it should look like.

Once the flower was filled with the smaller petals, I added the larger ones around in a repeating pattern again. 





I put the Sunflower on the canvas, but it needed somethig else.....
Leaves, so I grapped a piece of green cardstock and I cut three 3 1/2 inch leaves, and added them to the back of the flower. 

Then I began Mod Podging, again I used the Matte Finish on this project. 


I always use foam brush to help me coat the canvas with the Mod Podge. 
I decided I would use my Matte Finish Mod Podge to help with creating the fall feeling of the canvas.
I purchased this at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.

I coated the entire Sunflower with Mod Podge and let it dry over night. 

Once it was dry, I hot glued the ribbon to create the hanger. 






A wonderful addition to any fall decor you have in your home.


Take in the sunflowers, and enjoy your imperfect slice of life!








No comments:

Post a Comment