Monday, May 2, 2016

Thank heavens for 4-H

Yesterday, my mom and I went to a local family owned greenhouse near where I grew up to get some flowers to be able to plant in our flower beds and planters. Here are some of the beautiful flowers I picked up! I loved being able to support family owned operations! Guess it's the small town girl in me. 

And while at my parents house, I went up to the attic looking for my floral arranging supplies. Of course, I found it. But while I was searching, I stumbled upon an artificial flower arrangement I had done my junior year of high school for a 4-H project. Honestly, I was so excited to find it. Since quitting my party time job,  I've got time to do the things I want. Last weekend, I found some great containers for artificial arrangements, and I have been collecting the supplies I need to complete them. And I plan to start soon, but when I found this one I forgot I had done, I was psyched.  It is the perfect spring arrangement!! The perfect spring green bucket with polka dots, bright tulips and daisies, and a cute pinwheel to top it off! 

I may need to do a little updating to it, but to already have it started is great! :)


Not to mention, I learned so many wonderful skills: the art of photography, some basic cake decorating skills, fine-tuned my sewing abilities, dabbled with crocheting some, and crafted several unique one-of-a-kind crafts. 

As well as the lessons in life and death with animals. The joys of 5AM feedings, the frustration of frostbite, the devastation of pneumonia, the responsibility of a living animal relying solely upon me for food, water and shelter. Not to mention, the entertainment of trying to train animals. 

Among other things, I am so thankful for all the opportunities that 4-H allowed me to have. My best friend and I bonded over many years at the fair, I met so many other lifelong friends, had even closer relationships with many of my cousins through 4-H and, I met my husband, the love of my life! Without 4-H, I don't know where I'd be, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. Have met the most wonderful man who is mine for the rest of eternity!!
Here is a picture of a group of our friends from 4-H from 2007.

So for now, I will enjoy the fruits of my labor (at 17), be thankful for the many opportunities I was given, the learning experiences I had, the memories I share, and the love I have, and simply enjoy my imperfect slice of life!








No comments:

Post a Comment