Saturday, January 7, 2017

Let it snow blocks (Step-by-Step Directions)

I've seen lots of neat ideas for phrases to put on pieces of painted wood. And will all the dice I've been making, I've had 4x4s laying around. I saw a cute picture on a blog of blocks saying Let It Snow on blue blocks. Super cute and super easy. So I cut one of the 4x4s (actually, my dad did) and purchased my paint. It happened to be at a time when paint samples were only 99 cents at Lowe's for an 7 oz bottle. That's way cheaper than I can get acrylic paint. So I decided I would just use latex wall paint. What would it hurt?



I had my dad cut the 4x4s into 1 - 12 inch length, 1 - 10 inch length, and 1 - 8 inch length.



Here are the paints that I selected to complete the blocks.

First step, painting the blocks. I used the lightest shade of blue for the top block ( 8 inch block )
I painted the top and partially down each side, and then let it dry.

Valspar Tidal  Basin for 8 inch top block


Valspar Pool Party for middle 10 inch block

Valspar Deep Sea Diving for bottom 12 inch block


Blocks partially painted ready to dry. Once dry, I flipped them over and painted the remaining part of the blocks.

Blocks ready for lettering
Before I painted the letters on, I just lightly drew them on the blocks to make it easier to paint them on. 


After the paint dried the first time, I went over it another time to make sure I had even coverage. 

Next step: Snowflakes. 
I put the snowflakes on the middle block because of the extra space on the ends. 


Then I added snow flurries to the rest of the blocks to create a whimsical snowy scene!






Let is Snow! And enjoy your slice of imperfection :)





No comments:

Post a Comment